Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 30, 2012

Things I've Noticed

Pinterest has certainly caught on!  The traffic on my pins has increased and I'm getting a few new followers every day.

The main thing I've noticed is that people are no longer signing up with their REAL names.  I remember when this happened on Facebook.  Suddenly there were people with names like Annie Gameplayer, and IM Happy.  Not real people.

Same with Pinterest.  More than half of my new interested people have bizarre names.  We all know that the computer is traceable.  So it really doesn't matter what name you're using, unless you consistently use the computer at the library or an internet cafe.  Who you are is really there, somewhere!

I've also found I have a few International followers!  I love that the pictures are the same, but the comments and board names are often things I can't read and/or understand.  It's fun and I'm all for having International friends on Pinterest!

There are also more men becoming Pinteresting.  The men tend to pin manly things, and I find many of their boards particularly interesting, as I hadn't yet pinned trains, or boats, or sports.  The men that share Pinterest with me also seem to have a great sense of humor.  I get lots of grins following some of these boards.

Mostly I'm happy with where my Pinterest account is going.  When I signed in one day to find they had changed how our boards look I was a bit upset.  They went from being in groups of nine (3 down and 3 across) of the last things you pinned to one big photo with four small photos underneath.  This large picture didn't always represent what you'd just pinned. Only a portion of the pin shows!

This makes looking at other people's boards rather difficult.  You can't get a good idea of what is contained in the board because the photos aren't representative.  My own boards look uninteresting as well.  I always want to repin a photo that represents the board at the end of a pinning session.  However, since I have over 150 boards, this isn't realistic.  On a positive note, you now have to actually click open a board that sounds interesting to see if it really is.  I find I spend more time on other people's Pinterest Pages because I'm afraid I'll miss something wonderful otherwise :)


No comments:

Post a Comment