Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Unpinned

Yesterday I got two (2) letters from the Pinterest Crew saying they had to remove a picture I had posted because the owner of the photo didn't want it posted.  They told me this was an unusual request, that most people are happy to let their photos go out into the world, with the proper credit.

So, I opened the file to see the offending photos.  I expected to find wonderful photos of faraway places, taken while someone was on vacation.  One was a very ordinary picture of a flower.  The other photo was of a bird.

Wow.  Now I'm starting to take seriously that business about crediting photos.  So far, most all my pins are from pictures I've seen that others have pinned.  A few times, I've tried to click through to the original pin to see the credit info, but haven't been too successful.

Which doesn't bother me, really.  I'm not trying to sell anything, or make money from the labor of others.  My boards are for MY entertainment.  I like to look at them.  They make me happy.  In my heart, I'm so grateful to the people that have taken such great photographs.  Otherwise I'd not get to see most of these places or things or events.  I'm happy to share my photos.  Trouble is, my photos are ordinary.  I keep trying though.  One day I might just capture a moment that makes others gasp or smile or sigh.  And I'll be happy for it to go out into the world, as long as no one is selling it, or making money off it, or claiming the credit for capturing it.

By the way, I took these two photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment