Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pin Pals

 My interest in my Pinterest account is  gaining momentum.  After brooding about the rules, and realizing I was not going to let it scare me off, I got back to it slowly.

I wasn't pinning much, because suddenly everything looked vaguely familiar, and I didn't want lots of repins.  The only way to avoid it is to actually scan your boards.

I'm over 17,000 pins now, on 140 boards.  So, the chance of me repinning something I already pinned is pretty good.  Especially when I realize that I gravitate toward things I like.

So, I went back to my g-mail account and started thinning the list of people following me. (SMILE)  I go to the person's page and look through their boards.  I try to pin a few images and like to follow one or more of their boards.  Quid pro quo.  Often I find that the person is so new that they don't have much to look at.  I smile and move on.  I know their boards will fill up.

Occasionally, I get on the page of someone with similar interests to mine and find myself spending HOURS looking through their pins, and repinning.  One thing leads to another and suddenly I've invented another board!

I've begun thinking in terms of my Pinterest boards.  While we were driving around the countryside last week, I kept looking at the scenery and mentally putting in on one of my boards!  It was fun and pathetic at the same time.
On my mini vacation from work, I've spent the equivalent of an entire day doing Pinterest.  My imagination has been goosed and I keep finding something new to do, or say.  I've begun adding my OWN comment to the pin.  Usually I just pin whatever someone else said, but recently I've begun to realize that saying something is half the fun.

Plus, the e-mails from Pinterest are containing the comments people make about my pins.  I'm embarrassed to find they are commenting about something I didn't even write.  Slap on the wrist.  I'm doing better, making it authentically mine.

Meanwhile, I've created some more boards.  My official count is 146 boards, and 18,522 pins.  The addiction is back!

See the results at www.pinterest.com/pinterest4jan/

No comments:

Post a Comment